Nonoilen, compostable material
The name Nonoilen was created by connecting three words – non, oil and environment. Its main message is “it is doable without oil”
- they contain polymers or other additives on fossil base,
- some products made from them are usually very brittle and exhibit insufficient shape stability,
- mechanical properties deteriorate over time (physical ageing effect),
- biodegradation is very slow or none,
- their properties limit application areas.
1st generation Nonoilen
was created by combining two polymers – PLA (polylactic acid) and PHB (polyhydroxybutyrate). Natural-based plasticizers (primarily derived from citric acid) and other fillers are added to obtain sufficient flexibility. Products from 1st generation Nonoilen can be hard, firm, brittle, flexible, and highly tensible, as needed. The natural colour of the products is white to beige, but it is also possible to produce transparent, almost clear thin-walled products. All the blends of the 1st generation are guaranteed to be compos-table in an industrial compost (temperature above 55°C, humidity above 40%), and some of the specific types can also be decomposed in home compost (temperature above 25°C, humidity above 30%). It is protected under patent WO 2012 141660 A1 in several countries.
2nd generation Nonoilen
Nonoilen is a unique thermoplastic material which meets the highest criteria of ecological plastics, making no compromises.
• 100% polymers from renewable raw materials
• Properties comparable to commonly used plastics
• 100% biodegradable, does not create microplastics
• Possibility of material recycling
Nonoilen is an ecological alternative which can be used in various applications as a replacement of the commonly used plastic materials made from oil. It is a progressive biodegradable material from renewable resources.
Nonoilen is made from polymers 100% sourced from renewable raw materials.
100% made in Slovakia
Produced without oil
Produced without oil
Nonoilen contains no synthetic polymers based on fossil raw materials/oil. Properties are similar to the commonly used plastics (PE, PP, polyesters etc.).
Biodegrading in compost.
Nonoilen is suitable for the production of a wide range of products with various properties. Based on the type of application, products can be reusable, safe for food contact, can be washed in a dishwasher repeatedly, and can withstand hot water up to 100°C.
You can modify the properties of the Nonoilen materials based on the customer requirements. Different modifications can be widely used and apply in food, automotive, electrotechnical, furniture, toys, pharmaceutical, printing, fashion, or textile industries.
Choosing a suitable combination of Nonoilen components, we can produce plastics that provide:
- sufficient flexibility, stable over periods of several years,
- enhanced shape stability at elevated temperatures up to 100°C,
- stable properties while being stored or used,
- excellent colouration and printability,
- biocompatibility which gives the potential for medicine applications.
Nonoilen blends exhibit much better processing stability than other bioplastics on the market. You can modify Nonoilen rheological properties according to the requirements of individual processing technologies.
Nonoilen is designed for processing by common processing technologies for thermoplastics, such as:
- injection molding,
- production of films,
- 3D printing,
- blowing of hollow products,
- melt pressing,
- thermoforming/vacuum forming,
- melt spinning,
- non-woven fabrics,
- technical fabrics
(especially for agriculture applications),
- production of boards,
- extrusion coating, etc.
Comparison of Nonoilen material properties with the most commonly used bioplastics on the market